Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lemons

The last two weeks we have been having "MorningStarUniversity" at our church. I am in the class taught by Carolyn Terrell called "When life gives you lemons, Make lemonade." I am so thankful that there are other "more mature" (not old) :) women in my life from whom I can learn by their experiences and knowledge. My life seems to be a whole crate of lemons and it sometimes can be hard to find the good. One of the most encouraging points that I heard last night was when she quoted another woman ( I don't have my paper in front of me so I can't quote it exactly.) But the jist of it was that God knows our whole life. He's had it planned from the beginning, our story is already written. He knew what we needed to go through to grow closer to Him and be a better used vessel for His Glory. MAN. That's pretty awesome. To know God has a plan, and that in the end it is all going to work out for MY good and for HIS glory. WOW. This was definitely the week I needed that. God's timing is amazing. Next week I am expecting some news. Good or Bad, God is in control of my life. I am thankful for that because every time that I have tried to grab the reins I run into the ditch! Thank you Lord for being faithful even when I'm not, and thank you for your perfect plan.

No comments: